Sunday, July 23, 2023

BEDJEWELED, BIRDS AND GEESE

 Summer has hit here full force.  Very warm here the low 100's and you do not want to go outside for sure.  So lots of time to sew in a cool house in the afternoons.  

I finished Bejewel this past week.  I have to say that it was often a nightmare putting it together.  I was sure several times over the weeks that those squares from various rows did not line up.  In the end they did but there were a few moments of panic.  It is huge 76" by 90" finished and a relief to be done with.  Off to the quilter, then returned to me to bind and my guild's charity group will provide it to some worthy local agent for a fundraiser auction.  

I also finished my four Gardenhurst blocks this past week.  I have selected the yellow/gold for the small inner border and the black and white print for a a larger curved border.  Love the Austrialian fabric I used along with a few other somewhat funky fabrics. 
Our youngest daughters little geese are growing up.  Several weeks ago I posted this picture of them when she first got them.
Still very cute as of this picture she sent a week or two ago.  I suspect they will grow into those feet.  Must get her to send me a picture of them that is a bit more current.  



Linky Parties on the Side Bar
  



17 comments:

  1. What cute little goslings! They grow into adults very quickly. Your quilt top is gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing how it is quilted. Pretty appliqué blocks too. Don’t you just love Australian fabrics? Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish, and I love the border too. Your bird blocks are very pretty, the yellow and B/W fabrics are going to make great borders too.
    Cute little geese! They are growing quickly!
    Thank you for sharing what is happening in your happy place, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bejeweled turned out beautifully! So did your Gardenhurst blocks. Stay cool and stitch on this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fabrics! Those geese are so cute. How do they keep them safe? We had ducks one time, and we think foxes got them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bejeweled is really beautiful, but I can imagine how stressful it was to line those rows up correctly. Great job choosing colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donnalee, I am in LOVE with Bejeweled! It turned out beautifully, as did your Gardenhurst blocks! And those little goslings are just adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so talented, but the ducks are the best of all. So cute.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Bejeweled! The ones that look easy are always the hardest! Th Birds are spectacular! My daughter has chickens and they don't wander too far from the food source, maybe your geese will stay close too. Cute little guys. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bejeweled quilt turned out really nicely, as did your applique blocks. The goslings are pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bejeweled turned out so lovely! I know you struggled with it a bit but the result was worth it I'd say. Can't believe you also finished the Gardenhurst blocks. You are really rocking it this week! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/07/26/wednesday-wait-loss-338

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those fabrics as well (esp that bl/white!) and the geese are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Bejeweled quilt top is a real wowser!!!! Yes to Australian prints!!! And love seeing those little geese!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bejewel is a gorgeous quilt and a very generous gift to be donated. Your applique' blocks are so pretty. I found your blog at Sarah's Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Congratulations on your Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful applique bird blocks, I think they are gorgeous indeed. The little goslings are growing up fast. Geese are said go make great "guard dogs" around a property, but I imagine these will be well corralled behind the high fences?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Donnalee, what a gorgeous quilt that Bedjeweled quilt is. It's too bad that it gave you such headaches - I would love to make something like that, but it sounds like that's not a good fit for me :-) Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bejeweled turned out amazing!! I love the layout of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bejewel is really pretty. Someone is going to love that quilt! Like the funky fabrics in your applique.

    ReplyDelete