I finally finished my March BOM with Craftsy's Lynette Jensen. Those turquoise modified pinwheels were tricky, but I finally got them finished after a couple of weeks. The BOM is free on Craftsy and is turning out to be a fun project.
Not done for at least a couple more months but fun to show it off with
I made this block as my last March block project #12. Hmmm not what I was expecting. Nothing really worked out well. I fumed over it a bit and decided it was going in the dog bed scraps. I save all my scraps and give them to a couple of gals that make dog beds out of them for the shelter in town.
This is my second try. Much better don't you think?
My Flux quilt top is finished. The fabric is Avantgarde by Art Gallery the pattern by Katarina Roccella. I did throw in some Alison Glass Abacus white and black prints too. I made one small change in the pattern on the horizontal lattice. I do not like to try matching the vertical and horizontal rows when I have lattice on both. So I added those little 1 inch finished corner stones matching the top and lower rows of color. Now off to the quilter.
So glad to have this off my list of must finish so I am linking up with
My friend Brooke of Silly Mama Quilts recently showed a really cute table runner made with Maureen Cracknell's Fleet & Flourish fabric line. I fell in love with it. While doing some blog touring I found that The Fat Quarter Shop offered a Blithe quilt tutorial and free pattern. I also decided to try making the half square triangles that are 6 inch finished with Triangles on a Roll, also available at the Fat Quarter Shop. In the past I have not been a fan of the Triangles on a Roll idea. Silly me, they are wonderful. They come out perfect every time. All 78 half square triangles are made and I am just starting to put together one set of the three different block sets. So it is the perfect time to link in with Brooke for a project in progress Wednesday.
I really like Loc Block flying geese rulers. These little babies are 1-1/2 by 3 inches finished, yes SMALL! I ordered the Loc Block ruler that makes that size, and they came out perfectly. No cut off points, they are perfect. I had dreaded doing this block for the very reason of having to make 16 of these little babies. Pretty proud of getting these little guys done.
I have had a bit of a complicated week. Not much was accomplished, but this morning I finally decided I had to finish something. This 9 1/2 inch block from Cotton & Steel fabrics looked like a good thing to set the rest of the weekend up for some finishes.
Since this is all I seemed to be able to finish I am linking up with
I have spent the last couple days of this past weekend sewing all these 3 1/2 inch triangles and blocks together. Very carefully making them with several different lines by Carrie Bloomston of Windham Fabrics. The beginning of it had been on my design wall for several months, but it kept calling my name. I have just pinned up the first side border, with another similar one that will be added to the other side then a dark blue sky with moons on top and the sea with the fish on the bottom. Eventually it will have a large appliqué added to the center. I'll keep that a secret for another post.
This is the first of four March Project 48 Blocks. The horse fabric was one of those fabrics that say to you, "what in the world can you do with this". Is this not the perfect block to make with that fabric?
I finished my bias curved blocks quilt this past week. It is not very large 35 by 35 inches. I was working with only fat quarters so that limited the size. I plan to hang it in my dining room area this morning. I just could not resist hanging it for photos under our blooming wisteria vines The purple and lavender colors in it just look like it belongs there.
No doubt this is a finished project so I am linking up with
I have finished up both my January and February Project 48 blocks. These Cotton & Steel fabrics are just too much fun. Now on to March. Can't wait to see what I can do with some of these fun fabrics. Plus this fabric is way out of my comfort zone, which makes this project all the more interesting.
Since this truly is a project in process I am linking up with
My quilt guild is having a National Quilt Day sew-a-thon on the 13th of this month. They make charity quilts all year long. Last year in October they gave away to several different agencies 220 quilts. On Saturday the 13th a group of us will be working on quilts to give away this coming October. One of the projects that is also happening is pillow cases for children with cancer. We have all been asked to either make that day or bring with us at least one pillow case. So I couldn't wait to dig into my stash of children's fabric. These two are just too cute.