At the beginning of last week I laid the top out on the floor and realized I had finally made it all around to the very last border to get appliqués on. This has been a challenge as I did not have the pattern for the quilt any longer and I was on my own with the placement of the appliqué pieces. That is what happens when you stash away a project for years, and years, and years, only to one day discover it buried in the closet.
So I pinned the bias vines on and finished off this last border. Off to the machine to blanket stitch the appliqués and vines down.
This is the left over leaves and flowers. Obviously the original pattern had way more appliqués that should be put on. At this point once I finish the last border appliqués I plan to go back over the borders and add more leaves and possibly those last two flowers as well. So I guess I am not as near done as I thought. But I think it will be easier to pop some additional leaves in here and there and at least utilize some of these leaves and fill in some more of the empty spaces. As I look at the quilt laid out on the floor I can see a number of areas that can use another leaf or two.