Friday, April 26, 2019


This week has finally had me finishing up several projects at last.
My chicken runner is complete.  Note the heart quilting on those roosters.  
My scrap bin de-stash quilt top is done.  I didn't accomplish much in the way of actually using up a lot of my scraps.  But I think this charity quilt is a winner anyway. 
This charity quilt is huge.  I got carried away and it has ended up at 63 by 72.  I did manage to use up all three fabrics though so that de-stash project is was a success.  
And last but not least the bird quilt top.  I didn't think I would every get this done.  I made a math error and ended up having to trim off 1/4 inch off each 4 sides of the four patches.  I do like these little birds though. 

Friday, April 19, 2019


I took some time out this week to start a new project.  I decided to make a table runner for my youngest daughter for Mothers' Day.  I did some exploring on the internet and came up with a couple appliqué patterns.
I pulled out some of my 1930's fabric and came up with this first block for the runner.  I love this new fusing mat.  I can completely fuse all the pieces together before I set them unto the fabric back.
I decided I needed two of these roosters.  Aren't they cute.  
What's a rooster with out a hen.
Or two.
And here we are.  Still have to put the runner together and quilt it.  
And here she is with that silly rooster.  Have to admit he is a handsome guy.  He keeps his five hens happy laying eggs.  Looks like he has my daughter under his spell too.

Friday, April 12, 2019


I reorganized my fabric stash some time ago and put anything less that a fat quarter into bins by color.
Red and pinks
Greens, beige/tan, and white/off white. 
Blues, aquas, and browns
And finally golds, yellows, purple and blacks
The plan is to make a quilt using courtyard steps.  These are my contribution to the red scraps.  
My yellow and gold.
And at last the pinks and purples.
Of course the idea is to make a dent in these stuffed to capacity scrap bins.  Well that didn't work at all.  But is was fun seeing what I could come up with.  Now to put them all together and into a quilt top.

Friday, April 5, 2019


I think we finally have spring.  Our neighbors garden sprouted out these over the last few days.  

It made me want to get to work on a spring runner for myself.  
Now to get the other blossoms on and the second half ironed down.
I had been working on this quilt top, and had all the blocks ready to go.  Somehow the math didn't work!  I now have to trim off 1/4 inch off each side of the four patches to make it fit.  Not sure how that happened.  Nothing finished this week, not even the spring weather, it rained yesterday and is supposed to again today.  I think I will move on to next week.