Friday, April 5, 2019

FLOWERS, APPLIQUÉS, AND MATH

I think we finally have spring.  Our neighbors garden sprouted out these over the last few days.  

It made me want to get to work on a spring runner for myself.  
Now to get the other blossoms on and the second half ironed down.
I had been working on this quilt top, and had all the blocks ready to go.  Somehow the math didn't work!  I now have to trim off 1/4 inch off each side of the four patches to make it fit.  Not sure how that happened.  Nothing finished this week, not even the spring weather, it rained yesterday and is supposed to again today.  I think I will move on to next week.


15 comments:

  1. I love your blossoms...both real and hand made. I am jealous of the real ones, but ours will come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every once in a while the math just doesn't work out. LOVE those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be a very beautiful table runner. Ouch! on the math. I bet we've all done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty springy projects with some AQUA thrown in for the RSC. Hope you are having SEW much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I find batiks hard to hand stitch even with the sharpest needles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My math is always off, so I make everything a 1/4" bigger, just in case and trim down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your applique pretty with the batiks. How nice Spring has arrived for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bird fabric is so pretty. Good thing the 4patches are too big, and not too small. Quilting math can be such a pill!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful work, I love applications.
    many Greetings
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty--love the applique. We have poppies in our yard and they are all over the hills in California now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That quilty math gets me too sometimes! But your fabric and applique are lovely. I especially love the bird fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your appliqué is lovely! I'm crushing on your birdie fabric, too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your bird fabric and appliques

    ReplyDelete