Our oldest grandson Elijah recently passed his National EMT training certification and has been working as a volunteer fireman with a local area while he waits for entry into the Fire Academe. He jokingly asked me to make him a fire engine quilt. Yah sure, but I did stumble across a picture of one on the internet and was able to duplicate it. I thought it was a bit of a young child's quilt theme, but once the top was done I thought it came out really pretty good. His 20th birthday is in November, so it is off to the quilter this week once the back I order arrives.This is the final finished top of The Flower Pot quilt. It is off to the quilters now.
The sewing room got a good cleaning this past few days. The carpet in there was a mess. Overspray from Best Press and the path from the ironing board to my cutting table was pretty bad as well. So I emptied the entire room and we busted out the rug shampooer and husband got to it. I didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised to find it cleaned up almost like a new carpet.
As long as I was doing some major cleaning in there I managed a bit of overhaul in the closet with my wire basket storage system of moving the bins that I don't use much to one side of the closet and the fabric bins I do use to the other. Gives one a whole new feeling in there. Once I had everything out of the sewing room and carpet is drying for half a day and overnight I figured I could set up my travel sewing machine in the dining room and at least accomplish something. I stumbled on a bin of cut squares and the patten so was able to sew a couple rows of a quilt destined for my guild's charity group. So all and all the two days of wet carpet and cleaning worked out fairly well. We had birthday celebrations out at my daughter's last weekend and snapped a couple pictures of the six little ducks she purchased two weeks ago. They have grown a good deal and have graduated to their own little yard.