This was my first attempt at a completely done hand appliqué project. My husband had knee joint placement and I knew I would be spending a good part of a couple days at the hospital so I decided to prepare this project to do while idling away hours and hours at the hospital.
I also finished 36 of these 10.5 inch blocks to put together in a quilt for my guild's Warm Wrappings charity division. I have had the Alison Glass fabric for a couple years now and have just not ever been crazy about them. They are similar to Batiks. I still had tons left over after I finished these blocks and have tucked them into a bag to give to my friend Michelle. Now it is her turn to do something with them. She makes quilts for Hospice so they will also go to a good cause.
After starting my Flower Pot wall hanging and finding not only did I purchase a great deal of Kaffe Fassett fabrics I discovered I actually have some pretty wild fabrics in my stash as well. So I got busy starting a new project with them.
This was just an experiment with these wild colored fabrics so I tried a couple blocks that end up 6.5 by 9.5 and I think they will be fun to fool around with.
Oh, these are fun. So I should have a good time mixing and matching these over the next few months and see how that goes.
For my chicken fans out there when talking about wild colors here my daughter's chicken Patrick.
My daughter rescued him off the highway on the way home one day. He wasn't very old and sense he was so pretty she named him Patricia thinking he was a hen. Well Patricia turned out to be Patrick. Here he is with some of his hens that he has adopted from the FFA project chicks that were part of my oldest grandson school project. There are actually 9 hens for him to keep herd on. That keeps him pretty busy.