Friday, March 24, 2017

PAINTING FABRIC & MISSING APPLIQUES

I made an attempt to paint my design this week with new fabric paints and pencils.  Things didn't go well.  There is definitely a learning curve on this type of fabric treatment.  I tried again with a new project, but it really didn't go well.  
While digging around in a couple appliqué  books for new paint designs I discovered this small center piece in one of the pages all finished.  Hmmmm, maybe a small diversion would make me feel better.
 It helped to accomplish something, it is hanging on the wall, I feel better.  On to the painting projects again now.  As I actually finished something this week I'll link up with:

6 comments:

  1. So what's going wrong with your fabric paints and pencils? The picture that you posted looks good. Is it just not what you were hoping to achieve? It will probably just take some time to get used to the new technique and how to get different effects from these new tools. Don't get discouraged! Finishing another small project is a great way to get your confidence up to try, try again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute mini, and I think the painting on fabric looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing and linking up with this week's TGIFF. Your floral appliqued mini quilt turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've linked this post up with One Monthly Goal but I don't see any reference to the link-up or to finishing a goal for March. Did you link up the wrong post?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely applique. Looks like you are ready for Christmas 2017. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the translucent look of your painted florals on the printed fabrics! Nice mini too!

    ReplyDelete