Tuesday, March 28, 2017

BLUE DALIA THREE QUARTERS

I have been working a bit more on my Blue Dahlia quilt top this past week.  I promised I would have a surprise to some of you that commented on my first post about it.  Well here it is.  Not all BLUE.  The pattern called for three blocks done in a pinkish red.  No, not my favorite color or idea.  I found this perfect golden yellow to add the pop in there instead.  
As you can see it is now 3/4 of the way complete.  Guess I had better get busy and finish it off.  I plan to quilt it myself, which might be a bit of a chore.  I'm not so sure I am up to that task.  
It is still a work in progress so I am linking up this mid week with:

8 comments:

  1. I like the gold. This is really looking nice. Can't wait to see it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, and that pop of yellow is perfect... That is a great element!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, wow!!
    you make the best projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years ago a quilting friend said she thought every quilt should have a bit of gold or purple in it for an added pop. Your Dahlia is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be one very beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good - I like the little bit of yellow with the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great so far! I think the yellow is a better choice than the pinkish red. Can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The yellow looks great in the quilt. I'm not a red person either.

    ReplyDelete