Sunday, September 24, 2023

THE TABLE RUNNER FACTORY AND SWEET TWEETS

 This past week has me sewing table runner like crazy for my guild's quilt show boutique shop.  I just want to get these things done, off to Peggy the lady in charge of that part of the quilt show.  My oldest daughter is coming out to stay for 10 days to visit us and quilt with me.  She has a quilt top all pieces and we intend to quilt is together and also put bindings on some projects.  She is a new quilter, so coming for some vacation time and a bit of one on one classes in quilting your projects and binding them.

I have three completely finished.

These and a number of other ready to quilt.

These and several others in various stages of completing the binding.  I usually do several up to this point then finish the joining of the binding ends completely in  a second step that finishes the binding process.

And yes a good 9 or so ready to get binding ready to go on and finish them all off.  Beside a stack of ones on the back of my chair in the family room that I finish the hand work on the  bindings in the evenings.  A total of 17 or 18 in the end.  Yes, I do feel somewhat like I am a table runner factory. 

But this is on the horizon.  I have Sweet Tweets Block One with a good start ready to go.  The green on the side is for the leaves and the vines and the brown for those little bird legs.  

                                                  Linky Parties on the Side Bar 





15 comments:

  1. Ahaha, table runner factory, indeed! All of them are beautiful, and it's so nice to have your daughter visiting and quilting with you!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are going to have a great time quilting with your daughter. Nice placemats too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi DonnaleeQ! Yikes, your next project looks HARD to me. Great choices on the fabrics but those are some skinny, skinny, SKINNY legs on that bird. I would say that 18 runners does indeed qualify you as a table runner factory. I'm 100% certain that your guild is so thrilled for your donations, and that they will sell well. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've definitely been a good guild member making all those projects for the show. Hopefully you can get back to more of your own projects while your daughter is there. Enjoy the mom-daughter time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great with the table runners. Run, Donna, Run! lol ;) Thanks for sharing with all of us in the Sew & Tell Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Treats looks like so much fun, Donnalee! I am impressed by your table runners for Boutique, too. I can't even get motivated to make table runners for my own home, let alone for sale -- my husband finally broke down and bought some new placemats from Target yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The table runners should be popular boutique items. The bird is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was from me, Nann

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a table runner factory! But what pretty little quilts you are turning out. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/27/wednesday-wait-loss-347

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your table runners look great and have fun with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice to have your daughter coming to visit and quilt with you. Your bird block is si pretty, but my, such spindly thi legs to applique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the bird! Nice runners, someone will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your runners look great and yes, you are definitely a table runner factory!! They are turning out great. Love the Sweet Tweets! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Donnalee, congrats on your table runner factory output! They look lovely. I'm sure that you'll be happy to get back to your sweet birds. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete