Saturday, September 2, 2023

LOTS GOING ON THIS WEEK

After finishing my table toppers I took a bit of time with another pattern and sewed up some fabric bowls.  

The first two are a bit larger, I had a bit of trouble with the thread I was using to gather the circles.  After that I put some heavy duty thread on the bobbin and top and all went much better.  I may make a few more over the next couple of weeks now that I have it down well.  I am hoping this is the last of my quilt show boutique sewing.  

I purchased this fabric a good year, ago possibly more, with the idea to make myself some placemats.  Since I have been doing fall placemats for myself this past week or two, time to work on these as well.  There are 6 of the 10 inch square pieces each are different.  I only plan to make 4 placemats and use the other 2 to make a table runner. There are two strips of the above border print which will look great as part of the table runner's borders. 

I will use the top print as borders on two of my placemats and the 3rd print down for the other two.  The second and bottom prints for binding 2 each of them.  I only had 1/2 yard of each of the prints, should have bought more, but I think this will work out fine.


My fabric from Connecting Threads arrived on Saturday.  Now I can start Sweet Tweets.  I am still digging around in my stash, because more fabric is always better.  

Once we finish our front yard a couple of weeks ago we found ourselves with left over rock.  As this area was always a bit of a weedy mess, we thought that we might as well use the rock in this area.  Of course the left overs was not enough so we had to purchase more.


Once that was done the rest of the area look pretty bad so the project continued with mulch instead.
I think we are done, but we said that a couple of weeks ago so I am keeping my fingers crossed.


      Linky Parties on the Side Bar



 



 

16 comments:

  1. Very fun fabric bowls. I've not seen that pattern before. Love the fabrics you have chosen for your next set of placemats. Enjoy your stitching time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabric bowls are adorable, and I love the pumpkin fabrics! Your landscaping looks so neat and attractive - good luck on it being done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pumpkin fabric! Gardening never seems to end, does it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented. Love the fall look.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going thru my stash....or at least attempting to. I'm working to get it in some sort of organized order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bowls are cute! You've done so much for your quilt show. I hope the boutique does well. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/06/wednesday-wait-loss-344

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fabric bowls are wonderful. Lovely fabrics and great projects on the go as always, Donnalee. I need to make placemats too. Happy stitching from me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Fall/Halloween fabric! I like it much better than orange and black! I like orange and black and spiders( on fabric only) , but these are much more elegant! We have rock work that needs to be done too. Thinking we’ll wait for some cooler days! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is lots going on this week. Love the fall fabrics. It will make lovely placemats. Enjoy the last of the quilt show boutique projects. Hope they are a big seller

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fall panel and coordinating fabrics is so pretty! That will make great placemats. Whenever you're doing house or yard projects, one thing always leads to another!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Donnalee, Those fabric bowls should also sell well. Have fun making your placemats and runner. Your front yard looks really lovely. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mm, lovely new fabric from Connecting Threads! Fall placemats are a great idea. Your landscaping looks so neat and tidy. Wish mine did!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your fabric bowls look like so much fun! I LOVE the black and white pumpkin fabric! Have fun making your place mats. Your landscaping looks great! Enjoy it before another project comes along! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing the bowls, hadn't seen that pattern before. Very elegant fall fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never seen fabric bowls like the ones you've made. SEW cute!!! Thank you for sharing with my ABC Table Scraps Challenge link party.

    ReplyDelete