Sunday, September 10, 2023

QUILTING THE MONSTER

 This week has me trying to get things done.  I am finished with all my quilt show boutique projects.  Time to move on and quilt two quilt tops, bind them and finish them up.  I still have my bird appliqué project to finish quilting and Sweet Tweets to start.

I have been putting off quilting this monster for a month or two.  It is 50" by 72" and bigger than I have ever tried to tangle with before.  And yes, I use large pins rather than safely pins as it is faster to pin and take them out, but a bit dangerous at times.  

Yahhh, I managed it and it was not nearly as awful as I thought it would be.  Not a wrinkle front or back either.  I will say my Bernina 750Q has that nice big throat on it and that makes a big difference for sure. 

My placemats are done, and they are just so pretty.  I got the kit from Connecting Threads and really need to check them out again as these are just so nice.  

The kit came with 6 panels so I only use four on our dinner table so made this cute table runner with the other two.  

     Linky Parties on the Side Bar



19 comments:

  1. Your placemats did turn out great! I might have to look for that panel - I enjoy making placemats. Looks like your big quilt turned out beautifully, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one pretty monster! Luv the layout of this ,the yellow & black compliments each other

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty placemats!! Those panels are just beautiful. Your big quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for the finish!! And your placemats are very cute, I love these panels and the fabrics you choose for the borders are just perfect!
    Thank you for sharing your pretty projects, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your yellow/black quilt looks terrific. Good job! I usually use straight pins too when machine quilting my small items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi DonnaleeQ! Great job getting that big ole Monster quilt finished. I can easily see why you put it off for a while. I drag my feet over quilting on my DMS and big projects. Luckily, now my friend has a longarm that she lets us use. Cute placemats and they are just perfect for the season. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilting work on your Monster quilt. Being able to say it is "done" is always a good feeling. Cute placemats too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kudos to you for tackling that larger quilt! Wow it turned out wonderfully. Love your new matching runner/placemats set. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/13/wednesday-wait-loss-345

    ReplyDelete
  9. It may be a monster, but it's most beautiful.

    I love your place mats and your table runner. Perfect for this time of year.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seams like fun. I wish I could do something like that

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you for taming the monster! DSM quilting always seems more daunting than it is to do once you can get it started. I've always loved CT kits, especially the sale ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely placemats, pumpkins seem very popular these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the yellow and black/ gray quilt. Those are some of my favorite colors! The runners and place mats are lovely too. I like the look of the black and cream versus the traditional pumpkin orange!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go on quilting up that beautiful quilt. Such a nice pattern that really shows off the main fabric. Your placemats & table runner are sweet too. Those panels are so autumnal without the usual colors. Love them! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and quilted to perfection! Love the pumpkin placemats. So pretty in black and cream! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great use for a large print in the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Donnalee, what a productive week you had! Congrats on FMQ the monster and those lovely placemats and runner. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete