Saturday, September 16, 2023

GARDENHURST BIRDS AND PILES OF JELLY ROLL STRIPS

I pretty much finished with all the quilt show boutique table toppers and bowls that I intended to make this past week.  Also got the last couple of quilts hanging around the sewing room that needed quilting done and I am working on the last of the handwork on the bindings.  So at last I was able to finish the bird appliqué wall hanging with the scalloped border this weekend.  

And yes it is done.  I could not wait to hang it up on the entry hall wall.  Let me tell you that scalloped border is a pain to deal with, but they are so pretty.  I was a bit concerned that the sleeve which had to be set low on the back of the quilt would cause the top scalloped edges to flop over, but found just a little bit of double sided Scotch tape insured they stayed up. 

I said I was done making quilt show boutique items up until last Tuesday night.  There is a free table set up at guild meetings where anyone that wants to rid themselves of any quilt related items can leave them.  I snagged all these Christmas fat quarters and jelly rolls right off that free table.  I mean there has to be a good 40 or more of the jelly roll strips, a few 5 inch charm cut pieces, and a couple of yards of fat quarters.  So it is back to making some runners for the boutique.  I even snagged some batting as well.  
Yes, 6 all quilted and ready to bind and at least another 4 or more to go.  Pretty much they run about 26 to 28 inches long and 14 or so inches wide.  I can knock out 3 quilted and ready to bind in an afternoon.  
    
    Linky Parties on the Side Bar

 



  
 

16 comments:

  1. Love the bird wall hanging!!! It is just gorgeous. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely scalloped edge on your wallhanging - I haven't tried one of these in all my years of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wall hanging is beautiful. Those table runners are so pretty too. Enjoy all of your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birds look beautiful, as does that fancy scalloped border. No wonder you wanted it hung up to enjoy , it's a lovely finish indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wall hanging turned out beautifully! You made quick work of all those holiday scraps. You'll probably be ready to start something new and fun once you finish those off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scalloped border hanging is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scalloped borders really add to a project. So worth the extra work! What an awesome fabric acquisition from that free table. Good snag!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! Oh, that scalloped border!!! It really makes the piece special and it was worth all your frustration. I hope you get to enjoy it in the entryway? If not, move it to where you can really enjoy it for a while! You've earned it. Great job on snagging all the cool stuff from the free table! Those jelly roll strips are so pretty - it makes me want to go see what I can make with a holiday theme! Happy Tuesday to you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wallhanging finished up beautifully. Gosh, everyone is starting to post their Christmas projects already! I feel behind! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great find on the free table! Your bird quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the birds. Beautiful. You're so very talented.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've enjoyed watching the bird quilt evolve. The scallop border is stunning. My trick to adhere flopping tops and/or warped quilts to the wall is to use painter's tape. Safe for quilts and walls. I cut it to size and create a tape "ring".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Gardenhurst! Those birds and the scalloped border are so pretty. What lovely Christmas fabrics someone left. No wonder you got inspired to make something! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/20/wednesday-wait-loss-346

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gardenhurst is gorgeous, Donnalee! Love the scalloped border. Such cheery Christmas fabrics too! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful wall-hanging and I love the scalloped border.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are right - that scalloped border is amazing - Beautiful piece!!!

    ReplyDelete