Over the last month we have been doing some remodeling and re-decoration of our master bedroom and bathroom. This week we finally finished the painting and ordered new flooring to replace very old carpet. One of the items we purchased was a new bed quilt. No I didn't make one! King size just seemed too be to much to handle right now.
So here is a picture of my bed quilt. I took it into my sewing studio and just started pulling fabrics trying to mimic the color combinations. I needed three mug rugs for our bedside tables and sitting room table, although I make them 12 by 12 inches a bit larger than a mug rug, and a dresser scarf 18 by 54 inches.
So here is the first mug rug ready to quilt. I cut the squares 3.5 inches to finish out my 12 by 12 inch piece. I thought I did pretty well with the color matches without going out and buying any new fabrics.
And here I have meandered my quilting stitches. I have finished this one and two more as of now including binding them in the gold fabric with the little red flowers. The dresser scarf blocks I cut 6.5 inches and the top is finished and ready to spray baste and quilt over the weekend. This project is pretty close to a finish.