Sunday, August 6, 2023

RICE BAGS AND TABLE TOPPERS

 This past week I have finally pulled out a project that I started in April.  Along with quilting my bird project and finally doing some clean up in the sewing room.  Sewing makes a lot of threads and the odd pin or two that seem to cover the carpet in there and dust as well.  A necessary chore unfortunately.    

My project from April was a Rice Bag.  I frequently get on Alex Anderson's facebook site and every Saturday Dee Christopher is featured with different projects.  I had some really nice heavy fabrics for years stashed away and they seemed like the perfect choice for this bag.  A fun diversion from what I normally play with.
I am continuing to sew some boutique pieces for my guild's up coming quilt show in May.  Last Wednesday Peggy the lady in charge of the boutique handed out this pattern at Warm Wrappings the group I do charity quilts for.  I had enough of these fabrics left over from a class I taught last year, enough to make 4 of these.  They are easy and I can knock one out in a day.
I decided it was also time to see if I could clean out some of my Christmas stash.  I had a giant bin with a lot of odds and ends.  As this project is easy to do with just a couple of 2", 3", and 2.5" strips other than the center which doesn't take much fabric either it, was a perfect way to de-stash.  Like my table trivets from last week's post I will do 12 or so of these than others will take over and do theirs.  At our last show we sold over 100 table runners and other homemade items.  So we will all be busy getting these items completed for the show.   
  
Linky Parties on the Side Bar

  
  

16 comments:

  1. I like your pieces for the guild show - they should be great sellers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Alex Andersen was on Facebook. Thanks for the info. I love your rice bag. Are the pieces for your guild coasters, trivets or just table toppers. They are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the sewing room,I often say I've got to clean it to be able to make a mess🤣great projects pin the works,I have one too many of those as well lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such pretty projects. I pulled my Christmas scraps out yesterday and put them in plain view so I will start thinking about projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute hexie projects. My daughter wants a couple of mug rugs for her desk and I think that is a perfect idea. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much as I sew, I have to vacuum/dust my sewing room about once a week. Yes, it does make the dust!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rice bag is really cute. Looks like you've done a great job of making some very pretty table toppers and reducing the scrap stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. You're so talented.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been busy - love your table toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely little table toppers! I'm sure they will sell out fast at the show. So pretty. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/09/wednesday-wait-loss-340

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fan of the table topper/trivets. Can see those made up in a variety of festive seasons and celebration fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice for the table, especially good to stitch if they are quick and easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty bag, and I love the fabric you choose. Lovely Warm Wrappings too, they look good with floral stripes.
    Thank you for sharing your finishes, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great boutique items! My Guild does the same thing and makes a tidy sum from the gift items. It helps defray the cost of putting on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi DonnaLee, those are great toppers, and a lovely bag. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. I just added one of your toppers to the post. Take care.

    ReplyDelete