Sunday, June 11, 2023

LEFT-OVERS FINISH AND GRAFFITI WEEKEND

 A few things accomplished this past week.  I did turn in my charity quilt to my Warm Wrappings group and will get it back to bind in a few weeks.  The left overs from that fabric kit found their way into the two items below.  So much fun to have so may lovely fabrics left over from the kit.  With kits that rarely happens.

I finished my table runner this past week made from the left overs of a quilt I made for my charity group to use at a fundraiser auction.  The kit had more than the usual left overs from the kits fabrics.  
Plus there were still a few leftovers to complete this little wall hanging. The little hanger was on the free table at my guild.  Every month at our meetings there is a free table if you want to pass on some quilt items or pick up some items you want.  The little hanger gave me a great idea for a little mini wall hanging on the brick wall in our kitchen.  Now I am thinking I should make a little 4th of July wall hanging for it.  Takes no time at all it is only 8 by 12.  Gives me all sorts of fun ideas for fall and the holidays. 
With most of my have-to-do projects finished I took the time to put together this quilt top for my charity group.  I am thinking I may change the way the strip blocks go as the right side and the bottom seem a bit odd.  Not sure how to fix that, or maybe just ignore it.  I do have plenty of the beige fabric left so it maybe just needs a border.
We live in Modesto, CA and this is graffiti week.  Annually the city has a big antique cars cruise to celebrate the movie American Graffiti.  My husband does have a 1958 Chevy, but rather than stuck in this massive cruise we preferred to watch from the sidelines.     
  

 Linky Parties on the Side Bar
 


14 comments:

  1. Your runner looks great, and the mini is so pretty! This kit has sweet fabrics, and you beautifully fussy cut them. The little hanger looks pretty in your kitchen! The car show sounds fun!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you made good use of those scraps! They are lovely projects! Maybe a green boarder on your charity quilt? It’s really lovely! What pattern did you use? What a lovely time you must have had seeing all the antique cars. Love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling tablerunner and how wonderful that you had scraps for other projects as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table runner and mini from leftovers are both so pretty. I'm inspired! The charity quilt is lovely. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your runner is beautiful and I love that mini you made from the left overs. Wow, that kit seems to be like the Energizer Bunny...it just keeps going and going.... I love the old car show. We actually went to MI several years ago to the Woodward Dream Cruise with all the wonderful muscle cars...old and new! We had a fantastic time! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cruise pic and vintage cars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your work. Love pink. My favorite of all colors.

    I live in Hughson. We're not far apart.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful projects, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that tribute to American Graffiti! So fun. The table runner you made from the charity top scraps is very pretty and I really love that little mini for the kitchen! Beautiful. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would add sashing on the right and bottom to fill out the pattern for your top in process. You do such a good job of making steady progress on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of projects from that quilt kit! I have a hanger just like that, and hang seasonal patchabilities near our front door. Are you familiar with https://www.patchabilities.com/shop/Monthly-Minis-Series.htm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - you got a lot from the scraps - so pretty!!
    and how fun to see all of the cars!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Donnalee, what a cute mini and table runner. The fabric really is gorgeous. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete