Sunday, June 18, 2023

BEJEWELED AND PIE

This coming 2 weeks I do not know how much sewing I am likely to accomplish.  I have to go in on Wednesday and have cataract surgery.  Not so much as my vision is an issue but I have anatomical angles bilateral narrowing that the cataracts are causing. Not only am I scheduled for this coming Wednesday but back to do the other eye the following Wednesday too.  On top of it I cannot get new glasses until a full month after the second surgery.  Great doctor and he says my vision will improve a good deal.

I did get a charity quilt top finished off for my charity group.  So at least I am set to turn that in at my July 5th meeting.  

My last charity group kit project was a great success, so I have been handed another to work on.  

I was given fabric out of the charity group's stash.  Unfortunately the back ground fabric was not suffiecent and some of the fabric choices I was given just were not, in my opinion, suitable for the pattern.  I found a pretty good selection from my stash and I am working on it.  And yes, I did make a bit of a change adding a small strip between the red and green square blocks which made it easier to not cut off points.  It means I have to do some adjustment to the strips so they come out even, but thus far it is looking pretty good.  

My daughter dropped by a huge bag of apricots this past week.  We froze 30 cups of them, but couldn't pass up making an apricot crumble pie. She says there are more coming this coming week.  So guess if I can't see well enough to sew I can prep apricots and do some baking instead.   
   

Linky Parties on the Side Bar

    
 

22 comments:

  1. We are in the same situation – I’m having cataract surgery tomorrow afternoon. My vision is definitely an issue – especially with hand sewing. I’m glad your prognosis is good! Your charity quilt has the cutest fabric! Bejeweled looks like it is going to be a lovely quilt as well! Please tell me about your design board! It looks like it’s hanging on a door? What a great idea! Your positive attitude is inspiring! Praying for your successful surgeries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your surgery! Hope all goes well and you are back to stitching up a storm! That apricot crumble looks heavenly! I don't think I've ever eaten an apricot dessert. But I do like them, so I bet it's good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty quilt tops,I've never thought to make an appricot pie,it sounds interesting if your blessed with more perhaps make perserves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely charity quilt top, and your new project is beautiful! I love the changes you have made, and your fabric choices.
    This apricot pie looks delicious, and I hope you won't find time too long after the operation.
    Thank you for sharing and linking up, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck for your eye ops. You will certainly miss sewing close work for the next few weeks but I'm sure you can still find plenty to keep you occupied. Guess you wont be driving either. A good time for R&R and being pampered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes for your eye surgeries! Two weeks will fly by...enjoy your recovery time and your sewing will wait for you! Promise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You pie looks yummy! Love the quilt top and really love the new Bejeweled project!! Praying your surgeries go well and you can see great when you are able to get your new glasses! Thanks for sharing with us on Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your cataract surgeries. I hope you'll be fully recovered with much improved vision and quilting again very soon.

    I love the Bejeweled quilt. It's such a unique setting. You chose beautiful fabrics for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, the pie looks fantastic! I've never had a fresh apricot, isn't that sad? Good luck with your surgeries!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck with the cataract surgeries. I'm sure they'll go well and you'll be back to normal quickly. The charity quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the orange sashing in your donation quilt, it's very bright and bold. Your Bejeweled is looking good. I've made a quilt using that pattern, it should be easy to adjust as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bejeweled will be a fantastic quilt! The crumble pie - yum! I hope your surgery goes well and you will be able to see to sew again soon after. It takes a little time as I understand from hearing about others who have done it - Mom included.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best wishes for your eye surgeries!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be right over for a piece of that pie. I'll bring the vanilla ice cream.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum that pie looks good! Kudos on the charity top you got done. I hope your surgery goes well. Mine was easy peasy. I'll be praying that it goes that well for you. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gah!! Apricots! They are my absolute fave! We have a very old tree that rarely produces anymore but I'm planning on planting two more this fall. You just can't buy the flavor that REAL ones have! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh the crumble looks amazing!! I hope everything goes so well for you and you are healed up super fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many of my sewing friends are going through the cataract surgery thing right now! Everyone who has come out on the other side is thrilled with their "new" vision. I hope you will be, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the Bejeweled quilt. Such a simple but effective pattern. Drooling over the apricot pie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wishing you a quick recovery from your surgeries so you can get back to sewing! But if you have to take a break, have fun baking that delicious looking pastry.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope your surgery went well. Pie looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Donnalee, good luck with the surgery. That should help things once it's all done. The Bejeweled quilt will be lovely. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete