Sunday, April 9, 2023

WONKY LOG CABINS & SPRING BOUQUET

I spent the majority of this past week getting the bindings on my two Gone Fishing Quilts.  I still have my Picnic Under the Stars quilt that also needs its binding sewn on and the handwork done on it.  But I took a bit of a break and worked on Wonky log cabin blocks. 

I originally had three blocks done last week with the dark colored logs all the same print.  I discovered that if I did that I would not have enough jelly roll strips to get 30 blocks completed.  So did a bit of un-sewing and did them with two different dark fabrics.  So a bit over half done with these guys.  
Have all the remaining blocks cut and ready to go.  
Shannon Brinkley had this free appliqué pattern available this past week.  I still have a lot of Tilda fabrics left over from a previous project so thought I would make a pretty spring runner.
I had several linen fabrics stashed away and ran across this one with a textured grid.  I think I will do the appliqué with invisible thread and a small zigzag with a very light weight batting and not do any quilting except for the appliqué stitching as my quilting.  I think the textured grid on the fabric is perfect.  Just have another appliqué bloom to set down on the other end of the runner and finish this up with a pretty Tilda binding.    
 





15 comments:

  1. Your blocks and applique are all very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat blocks and such a pretty applique piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Wonky log cabins are really coming along. I love that linen fabric, and the design is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wonky lag cabins blocks are really fun, love all those spring colors. Your new applique project is really pretty too. Happy stitching this week, you certainly have brought spring to your sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After seeing your blocks I had to dig around to see if I had the ruler for them. And I do, so now the ruler is out where I can be reminded to make these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty collection of wonky log cabin blocks, and it's nice to have all the pieces ready to be sewn. The tulips look good too!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The spring bouquet is so pretty. Thanks for sharing in the Sew & Tell party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the bouquet, but couldn't find it on her site or blog. Sad. Your wonky log cabins look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wonky log cabins. They make you tip your head when you're used to the usual ones. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the flowers. I love Spring colors.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those wonky blocks are so pretty! Love those fabrics. And that spring table runner is going to be gorgeous in Tilda! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wonky log cabins are progressing nicely and more already cut...awesome! Love the flower applique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donnalee, I love the pretty flowers in the table runner and I really love those wonky log cabin blocks! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty applique design for your new table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That grid fabric is amazing! Great progress this week.

    ReplyDelete