In the last couple of weeks I have been working on a small wall hanging project of approximately 36 by 36 inches. Now we all know that when doing various sized blocks that one should follow the rule of making them in divisions of 2", 3" or 5". this makes them easy to fit together. Well, that did not happen with my project.
This is the pattern I selected and if I had stuck to it there would not have been an issue. But I didn't want it that big and I just thought it would be more fun to experiment a bit. Following the pattern would have been way to easy!
Here is my top finished. None of these baskets followed that rule. The first one or two fairly closely followed the pattern, but after that I just went right off the deep end and made baskets, any size and measurement was just fine. However, eventually one has to fill in the empty spots. That's when things got dicey. The sides of the baskets are cut at 60 degrees, which increases the math issues. Do I love it, YES and it was a bit of a nightmare once or twice.
The first Thursday of each month is the next installment of the Morewood Mystery Quilt. So I have a nice start of this months instructions. So finishing the 30 each of the two blocks should keep me out of trouble for a few days.
This is Colonel Sanders and his one and only lady hen. My daughter thought that he seemed lonely as her other rooster Orby had a whole flock of ladies so she decided to do some matchmaking for him and purchase him a couple new friends at the feed store.