I have been really lazy this week and somewhat in a creative slump. I did finally just for a lark decided to participate in Alex Anderson's Face project. She is available on Utube with a number of free projects and classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. I think I need to do some more work on this, but it was fun to do something really different.The eyes still need a bit of work, and it was fun to use the broderie perse flowers I had cut out a while ago with no real purpose for them.
Monday, November 16, 2020
FACES AND ROOSTERS
A slump requires a trip to the quilt store. I saw this fabric and thought of a my daughter with all the chickens and a table runner seemed like a nice idea. I decided to cut 2 1/2 inch strips to use the outside print for binding on the runner. I have enough to also make placemats, but I think I need another trip back for border fabrics to go around each of the rooster prints.
Last week I showed a partial picture of my Sew Steady Grid Glider and had a couple of comments asking to see it on the machine. I have an acrylic table on my Bernina 480 and it just sticks right on that table firmly. It can be removed and leaves no residue. You can also trim it to fit. To change the needle plate I just slide the acrylic table off a ways and back on. You line up the center line in front of the middle area of the needle position and you have quarter dashed lines 1/4 inch on each side. That really helps when sewing seams that do not drift off at the ends.