Friday, August 17, 2018

SOMETIMES JUST BECAUSE

Sometimes you have to do something different just because.  On a blog I saw a picture of some runners that intrigued me.  I have all sorts of projects going right now that need my attention, but earlier this week I just decided to take a different path just because for no other reason than to do something off the wall.  
I pulled some fabric left overs and cut two 3" and one 2.5" strips.  
Sewed them together.  
Cut 30 degree triangles and laid this short runner out.  
Done!  I did have a bit of a challenge getting the seams pressed in the right direction so the grey and red centers laid flat nicely.  
I had to make two strip sets as I needed one more triangle of each cut more, but then I had left overs so I made this little candle mat with what remained.  It was a fun escape from the rest of my projects and I'll get these little guy quilted and bound and gift or use them myself. 


9 comments:

  1. 60 degree runners are fun to make. I've made almost 40 of them (so far).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is nice to make something quick. Very pretty results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun... with a tiny bit of ORANGE for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge thrown in for good measure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project and I like your scrap color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I like that little runner. In fact I probably have a pattern that makes up that runner. And, the other day I was thinking about some blue and yellow fabric I have that would definitely work with the pattern. You are motivating me to give it a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you just made me want to make more of them, hehe. I really like the red that sets yours off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. Love the chosen fabrics!

    ReplyDelete