I sort of copied what my quilter did on my Blue Dahlia quilt. I think it worked well. And the front with this really nice binding. I liked the contrast.
I also took some time to make myself a thread catcher container. I often take class with my guild and once a month sew with my charity quilt group. We usually meet at a church or other facility and try to make sure we have not left a mess for others to clean up. I have been using the lid to my pin container, but because is so shallow the thread cuttings end up on the floor. So I was determined to solve that problem.
I had some left over deco fabric from some bags I made so purchased a front fabric. I really like this idea of the squares cut out of the bottom of the bag to make the box corners. That little step was new to me, but it really works well.
Here is the inside also with the cut corners.
And it is done. It is not very large only about 10 inches long and about 6 inches wide. Perfect to catch those cut threads and snips of fabric.
The inside too. Once I got done I pressed really well the bottom four sides and the four sides so instead of looking round it is now a rectangle shape. I might just make the larger size, as I still have lots of left over fabric.