Friday, July 10, 2015

BONNIE & COMILLE PATCHWORK

I had a ton of Bonnie & Camille fabrics.  I have made several quilts with several of their lines.  Some are finished and some are still in progress.  I have gotten into somewhat of a program trying to scale down my stash, and especially use up some of the left overs of particular lines that are still hanging around.  My quilt guild asks that each year you make a charity quilt in your birthday month to be donated to their charity projects.  This is my donation for this year.  I cut 6-1/2 inch squares of everything I had left.  Then I cut strip for the binding out of more of the left overs.  
I got my top all sewn together.  I considered buying a back, but there were still some pretty good size left overs in the drawer.  I pieced the back.  This is something I usually do not do, but I was on a roll of finally using up all these fabrics.  I'm sort of liking the back, it is of fun and colorful.  The Bonnie & Camille drawer in my studio is empty.  Now that feels good.
This truly is a finish in more ways than one
so I am linking up with
Crazy Mom Quilts
    

4 comments:

  1. What a cute little quilt. Bonnie and Camille's fabrics are so cute, what ever you do with them! darling binding too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both sides of the quilt. You wouldn't remember what the name of that fabric collection is, would You?

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always such lovely fabrics, they look great on both sides - well done!

    ReplyDelete