Sunday, July 7, 2024

NEW ADVENTURES AHEAD

 After getting both last week's charity quilt tops done I am back to Morning Flight and a new adventure with William Morris fabric I have hoarded for ages.  I also am working on a sample runner, as I am scheduled to teach beginning quilting again at our local quilt shop.

  

This is the very simple table runner I will be working with three ladies and one of them a young lady 15 years old that is very excited.  Simple and easy.  I used straight line quilting on it and machine finished binding. It is very doable for newbies.

Back to Morning Flight row two.

I have had a bin full of William Morris fabrics, I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to that particular fabric line.  I have three nice books so decided on this particular pattern.  But there are so many wonderful pattern to choice from, even a couple children's quilts that seem to be calling my name as well.

Linky Parties on the Side Bar

13 comments:

  1. Lots of great ideas,it's wonderful that you can teach others to pursue the joys of quilt making

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up William Morris fabrics as I don't think I have seen them in my local quilt stores....could be that I was just looking for certain types of fabrics and missed them also. They are very pretty and give quite an historic vibe. Your blocks of Morning Flight are very pretty. I like that simple table runner. Your students should be able to accomplish that easily. That 15 year old may become a lifelong quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sample runner is lovely, and perfect for new quilters. I love this pretty layout. Fun to teach to a teenager girl, it's wonderful for the future of quilting!
    Morning Flight blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great beginner project! I hope the 15 year old becomes infected with the quilt "pox" and this will be the beginning of much fun for her,--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please share where you get your fabulous applique quilt patterns? I love Morning Flight and can't fine the pattern anywhere.
    Thank you.
    Sharon M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sample project for your next class. The material is very pretty. I love your applique projects, just not confident yet to take on such a challenge. Very cool that a young girl is interested in learning to quilt. She has a great teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning flight is looking good! Hope your class goes very well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not familiar with William Morris but googled...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun teaching that beginning class. Should be enjoyable working with enthusiastic participants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donnalee, that's going to be a great project for new quilters - easy but interesting! I also have a collection of William Morris and many civil war reproduction fabrics. One day I'll make something....really :-) Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a fun class!! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are some small pieces in that quilt pattern!

    ReplyDelete