Sunday, January 28, 2024

SURPRISE FINDS

 This past week I finally completely finished reorganizing the fabric and storage in my sewing room.  I notice on several blogs that January seems it is a common theme.  Enlightening for sure.  I found things that I had no idea I had stashed away in the closets.  Some really had to go, but others were real gems and over a couple days I really got in and did some fun projects.

The butterfly fabric on the table topper was a great find.  I have a gift I need to make for a lady that provides us regularly with fresh fruit and vegetables during the year.  I had no idea I had that fabric left over from some long ago project.  I actually got two table toppers out of those left overs.  The roosters again left over from another project, enough to make 3 runners with them, they will go to my guild's quilt show boutique in May.  The last runner, I was able to make two.  That fabric left over easily has to be a good 6 or more years old.  Probably will keep those for gifts.  Yes, there are a couple more surprise finds dug out that are on my plate to do something with.  

All done, just about 180 mini bolts lined up in there.  Some pieces were just not  big enough to put on a bolt so still have a couple of stacks of half yard or less piled up.  

These two shelves hold large quilt back fabrics and linen fabric on the top shelf.  Just too big to fold onto bolts.  The lower shelf is all neutrals, and some black prints.  This closet is a bit difficult to get in and out of so these were moved out of the other closet.  The neutrals I do use a good deal, and I could do some more putting some of them onto mini bolts.  I think I have learned with all this chore completed for sure is.  I do not need to buy more fabric, at least not for a while.  

  
 Linky Parties on the Side Bar

  
  

8 comments:

  1. You did well at getting those left overs into finished projects so quickly. Congrats on getting all your fabric organized. I'm working on mine, it's going to take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Look how much more space you have in your cupboard, Mom!!
    So neat and organized, it looks fantastic. Love the projects you did this past week week. Your guild will sell those peices quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having everything newly organized is always a nice feeling. :) Thank you for sharing in my Sew & Tell party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very talented and very organized. I'm impressed.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donnalee, well done! January does seem to be the month to get things done! Isn't it great to find things that you had totally forgotten about in your stash. Enjoy shopping your stash for a while! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, it's neat and so well organized! It's also fun to rediscover forgotten fabrics! These butterflies are very cute.
    Thank you for sharing your inspirational storage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! Each find having a place to go. Such fun fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting organized! Looks like there is room for more fabric on the shelves to me. :)

    ReplyDelete