Sunday, December 31, 2023

GIFTS GIVEN AWAY NOW TIME FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Always fun to see someone really happy to get something made for them.  One of my daughter's purchased the football fabric and asked if I would make some pillow cases for a friend of hers.  I had a bit left over and besides two pillowcases I was able to make a table runner as well.                      


With all the holiday projects finished I found I just needed to work on something new.  I dug through my bins and found some fat quarters and a book purchased some time ago and decided I needed to have something that I could work on between an ongoing appliqué project.
Emily Taylor's book is full of easy quilts primarily made with fat quarters.  
I had a number of fat quarters and picked Attic Windows a pattern out of the book.  
Another pile of blocks prepped to sew together.  Not sure how many I can get out of the fabric I have.  Right now I have 18 and enough fabric I think to get another 18 more or so.  Figure just to keep going until I run out of fabric and then figure out how to put them together and come up with throw quilt.  


 Linky Parties on the Side Bar
 





  

 






14 comments:

  1. Your new project looks very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and fabric choices you made for your new project. Looking forward to seeing it completed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to have a gift received so enthusiastically! And also fun to start something new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so talented. I wish I were.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your color choices for your new project! I am joining Slow Sunday Stitching for the first time - I am number 22 if you want to stop by! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors for your new project! Lovely way to start the new year. I hope you had a lovely New Year! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/03/wednesday-wait-loss-361

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi DonnaLee, that sounds like a great project. Love your fabric. It is fun when a homemade gift is appreciated! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great acorn fabric and project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun colors! Starting new projects is so exciting. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great project and I love the idea of sewing until the fabric is used! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Football themed pillowcases were the hit of Christmas here too. Houston Texans cases for one grandson, and KC Chiefs for the other 2 grandsons. Your new project looks really pretty. It feels a bit like spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you DonnaLee for linking with To Do Tuesday and sharing your projects. I love the fq project. It’ll be beautiful when it’s done. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun reaction to the pillowcases!!
    and that block is a fun one - I like the colors you are using

    ReplyDelete