This week is starting out better than last week ended. I will be teaching my last Beginning Quilting class on Monday. Everyone is doing well, getting all their blocks done and we will be putting on their borders. My fusing issues from last week has been solved. I scrapped the problem block and with the change from Steam a Seam 2 to Pellon Wonder Under heavy weight #725 have solved my Batik issue. Fusing IssuesVery pleased with the first new block.
Sunday, November 27, 2022
UP DATE ON THE FUSING ISSUES & MOVING FORWARD
This is the pattern I am using, not sure why every pattern I select lately is called Garden Party. The pattern's blocks other than color and position changes are all the same. Note I placed a large heart instead of the tiny little hearts at the end of the stem in front of the butterfly and will skip them as well in the other two areas of the blocks. Little tiny hearts were not something I intended to mess with. They are easily less than a half of a dime size, and there are multiples of them. Appliquéing them really not posible and even cutting them out seemed insane.I am primarily using Batiks for this project. I have a large bin of them, but of course you never seem to have enough. I ended up shopping at my local quilt shop for more. Fortunately a quarter yard of numerous additions wasn't too bad on the budget. Over the last few appliqué projects I have learned to bag up my fabric with thread matches. Makes life way easier and saves lots of time searing for just the right color of thread multiple times. Have a nice start on the second block. I will admit that selecting the fabrics I want to put together is the hardest job.And my other fabric choices for the block laid out for the second flower, leaves, stem, and butterfly.