I finished by Hot August Night guild challenge piece this week. I am very pleased with myself. Originally I thought to take it to my local long arm quilter, but decided to go for quilting it myself. I was able to finish a very simple quilting of it in one afternoon. The quilt piece was copied from my Alex Anderson neutral quilt project. However, I doubled the size of the pattern directions. The challenge was a neutral quilt with one pop of color, thus the bright yellow blossoms.I have been working very hard to finish up the Alex Anderson neutral quilt over this past week. I have the third border on at last.I did modify the corners of the pattern. I had a really tough time with the pattern layout of the vines and blossom placements and finally decided to stop the vines. I am much happier with this adjustment of the layout over the pattern directions. This is the finished corners ending. I plan to round off the corners on the quilt once I have it quilted. I think that will make the corners softer and ease up the spacing as well.
This is our little dog Zoey. Early mornings the sun comes in from a small window over the fireplace and shines directly on the end of the sofa in our living room. The perfect place to take her after breakfast sun bath and nap.