I took a quick break from quilting the Wisteria Lane to work on my Flower Pot quilt this past week. Plus I have July's BOM Garden Party Down Under block to work on to stay up to date.This past week I finished up the second center block. Yes I have made some adjustment to the pattern design. Those four corner blocks are supposed to be stars and the center piece should have had a star in it as well. Plus the thread vines should have been bias vines. Well, I got the center fused and appliquéd down and then realized I had forgot to tuck the vines under it first. Mistake, NO, a design change.
As you can see from the pattern below I made a few changes to this block as well.And the first long left side block all completed. So this week I have been busy preparing the long right side block appliqués and bias vines.I have decided that the long right side block will complete this quilt for me. I do plan to do the 2 inch blocks border. around the four blocks. It will complete at 62" wide by 44" long. The pattern quilt is just too large for my wall in the dining room. Additionally I will be out of background fabric, and also pretty low on Kaffe Fassett fabrics as well, and think that for me it is a perfect reason to finish it at that point.
WOW, beautiful blocks these are. I am thrilled with your work.ReplyDelete
Donnalee, your blog is DANGEROUS! There should be a NewFO Trigger Warning at the top of every post. Your Flower Pot blocks are looking great and they are tempting me to start yet another Something New before finishing any WIPs. I am overflowing with Kaffe Fasset and Anna Maria Horner prints that would be so fun for this project... I especially love how you've fussy cut those leaves to get the prints to look like veining. This is going to be stunning, and adjusting the size so it fits your display wall in the dining room is a great idea.ReplyDelete
Very pretty!! I love Kim’s patterns. I have her Lolly Pop Trees pattern and 2 fat quarter binders of Kaffe’s fabrics to make the quilt. Yours if going to be lovely. I do not do machine applique I do traditional needle point so it takes me longer to finish a project. Enjoy!ReplyDelete
I like your "changes" to the pattern. The applique is so bright and perky!--TerryKReplyDelete
you are tempting me big time donna....i absolutely love this...ReplyDelete
I love your design changes! I really love the fabrics and colors you're using.ReplyDelete
Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!
Beautiful, beautiful blocks. A good reminder that I need to get mine out to finish up. Thanks!ReplyDelete
I love your flowers...some of my best quilts came from having several boos boos and
changed patterns. Have a great day!
Gorgeous! The Kaffe prints provide great motifs to fussy cut.ReplyDelete
What a vibrant flower and pot. Love seeing what you accomlish.ReplyDelete
The flower blocks are so happy and fun! Looks like you're making great progress on that quilt!ReplyDelete
Your blocks look great and in the end, no one will ever know about the design changes. Your blocks look wonderful and I hope you have fun finishing up the right hand panel!ReplyDelete
Make it your own, that's what quilting is all about. And you are doing it beautifully!ReplyDelete
Marvellous! Love the fabrics you are using... very happy looking!ReplyDelete
What BEAUTFUL blocks!! they just make me happy seeing all the vibrant color!ReplyDelete
A design opportunity, it all looks amazing.ReplyDelete
Sounds like a good plan!ReplyDelete
Love the use of Kaffe in this! Those blocks are so pretty! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.ReplyDelete