I have spent the entire week working on my Garden Party Down Under February BOM instructions. What I thought would be a much easier month after the center piece and dog ear borders has not turned out to be all that simple. An error on the vines placement threw me off a bit, but I decided to move on and deal with that as is.All four borders are now done. I have left about 6 inches on the vines that are tucked under the brown and white half square triangles. I am now debating wether to end them as you see now or extend them into the squares curved and tuck into the seam in the center of the half squares blocks. Maybe add a couple more leaves as well. I have the rest of the month to make four more dog ear borders on the outside of them. I did manage to get the bottom border sewn onto the center piece and add that final leaf that extends into the first dog ear border. Everything fits perfectly so far, so just planning to keep marching forward.
My daughter sent me this picture of my oldest grandson Elijah. The duck's name is Snyder. My daughter has a whole zoo of chickens, peacocks, and yes ducks. Snyder was a rescue, she found him in a rain drainage pond area near a busy street amongst Canadian Geese. When she stopped to check out why he would be there he ran up to her and it was obverse he had been abandoned and would not do well among the wild geese. She picked him up and carted him home and he now lives with her 15 or 20 Muscovy duck friends very happily. But Snyder thinks Elijah is his very best friend and the feeling is mutual.