Sunday, February 6, 2022

CRAZY DOT BLOOMS AND CAMDEN STATION ADDITIONS

Finishing up my January Garden Party Down Under a week before February's instructions came out gave me an opportunity to work on two other project hanging around the sewing room needing attention.

I managed to get several more blossoms on my Polka Dot project.  I must admit these are wacky fabric choices for sure.  However, it is so fun.  No pattern, I just stumbled across a picture on the internet and went for it.  The vase originally was to be a tea pot but the handle and spout I cut out were a light dot yellow and the black dots on the lower right background showed through the yellow fabric so I scraped them and just made it a vase.  Still have three more blossoms to add, coming up with some crazy prints combinations still needed.

Camden Station blocks 4 and 5 are finished.  Almost half way there as I have a start on the 6th one now.  That last fifth block ended up for some reason being a real chore.  I got the vase down before getting the right and left vines tucked into it.  I finally got that all appliquéd down but it really threw me into a bit of head scratching.  One has to really think these things out when what goes down first and what goes down next.  This particular block had lots of over and under lays.     

My daughter sent me this old picture a week or so ago.  An old picture taken in January of some years ago when we were celebrating birthdays at our home.  Made me laugh.  The white poodle was ours, Sophie passed away in May of 2019 at the the ripe old age of 17.  The other three each belong to two daughters and our granddaughter and still manage hanging around hoping for January birthday treats.  You never know when the chef might slip up and drop a slice or two of that nice piece of beef their way.   


 


 

26 comments:

  1. I just love that photo. Dogs are never more attentive than when there is the possibility of food.
    Lovely applique, choice of fabrics and blocks, as always. Happy Stitching from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both "blooms" are progressing wonderfully...& I love that pic of waiting for something to drop from the counter... xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vase of flowers is growing nicely, love these polka dots! Pretty Camden Station blocks too. And this photo is fun! Thank you for sharing sweet memories, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love those happy and whimsical flowers blooming in the sweet vase. Sweet photo. Aah....dogs and the thought of the possibility of food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your polka dot project is really nifty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden party piece is so fun! love all the colorful fabric play. always love a houseful of doggies too. I always say, always room for one more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your applique! The pot of flowers is very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love, love your polka dot project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness - that polkadot project is scrumptious! I think your fabric picks are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those applique blocks are just beautiful! I don't do applique much but I know enough to understand what you mean. The designs aren't exactly simple!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That polkadot project is really fun! Congrats on all the progress on Camden Station, it's looking gorgeous. Looks like the doggies had the system figured out. Congrats on all the progress last week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great contrast between your polka dot project and the traditional applique! (That's my style, too. Keep it eclectic!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so talented. I love your work.

    Aw on the pups. They are such precious family members. It's hard to let them go.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL great photo! I love watching doggies watch for food. Your blossoms look wonderful, and I love your "wacky" fabric choices. Isn't it fun to see something you like then try to recreate it without a pattern!
    Thank you for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's nothing cozier than dinner time in the kitchen with your fur kids.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Donnalee, I love those polka dot flowers. Isn't it great to just do what you want on that? Your Camden Station blocks are coming along. They are going to be so cool on a quilt. That's a great photo - it's pretty difficult to get dogs out of the kitchen, isn't it? Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dogs are ever hopeful when food is around, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful applique! The new vase is fun and funky. Adorable doggies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Camden Station blocks look so beautiful. Well worth the hard work going into them. Love the waiting at the counter for a free nibble. Our dog is always grazing on the floor, even after it has been cleaned. He always acts as if he finds stuff to eat, so who knows what's really going on in that crazy head of his :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the block with all the wild prints. It's fun and unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What great bits of art!

    Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your polka dot flower quilt is so bright & beautiful and I love the Camden applique blocks. They look like they might be a Lori Smith pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving that cute little pot of polka dot flowers! Can't wait to see the last blooms. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You cant go wrong with polka dots no matter what you make! I have always luved polka dots

    ReplyDelete