I am up to quilting it with a very dense serpintine stitch diagonally across the quilt in the two different directions of the birds positions. I did try something I had never done before. Normally I use large straight pins or spray baste to hold the top, batting, and back together while I quilt. Spray baste has to be done outside, too cold right now and the patio table is too dusty and dirty to bother with cleaning it up. I kept gouging myself with the pins as I quilted it and feared bleeding on it. So I decided to breakout my quilting safety pins. I had never used them or even given them a try. Makes one wonder why I even had them stashed away. Well, my close friend, Brooke, uses them all the time and I figured well let's just give them a try. Goes to show you can still teach an old dog new tricks. Works great!
I managed to get three sides of the border on my Alex Anderson project. I am still amazed at how well this pieces has fit together. However, I have run out of Foundation Paper. I like the Carol Doak's paper, which I order from Amazon. It has the consistancy of newspaper print. I do have a few of the translucent type paper, but find the ink from the printer tends to smear off on my hands as I work on the paper piecing. It had not appeared to transfer to the fabric, but I do worry about that. Getting the smears off my fingers takes a bit of vigerous scrubbing, not sure if it got on the fabric it would come out. Guess, best to order Carol's and wait for it to arrive.