Monday, October 4, 2021

PINEAPPLES, BASKETS, AND BINGO

Back to a normal way of life at last.  Zoey our puppy's drama with her spay ordeal is over.  Staples came out last week and we are back taking our walks every morning.  The Bar Mitzvah, luncheon afterwards, and party in the evening is over.  Everything went beautifully and we can all breathe again.

I finished last weeks Alex Anderson sampler project assignment.  These Pineapple blocks were tedious.  Thank goodness there are only two.
Now I thought I would get a head start on the 4 basket blocks that are this week's assignment.  
The lower part of the baskets are crazy pieced.  The pattern called for just winging it, but I ended up having a bit of an issue with that so I sketched out my own paper pieced pattern to follow.  
This is working well.
I have three done and the 4th block above is nearly done as well.
The fun of the last few weeks.  My local quilt store has a Bingo contest going.  Tuesday through Saturday they draw two number and put them up on their sight.  The prize a half yard of fabric if you complete a row up or down or diagonally.  I am the person that never wins anything.  But, I have won twice in the last two weeks.  They allowed 5 winners and I was 2 of them.  Now they have a full yard of fabric free if you get a kite.  That is four in any corner and diagonally across from them.  I have a good chance of doing that as well.  If you get a complete black out you get your choice of a class free.  Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket or two, I seem to be on a winning streak.  Probably a winner for the quilt shop too.  You have to run into the shop personally and show them your card to get your prize.  I got my free half yards and also bought other fabric and patterns while in there.  Now that is the question, who really is the winner?








 

 

15 comments:

  1. The Pineapple blocks look lovely. I have never attempted one and it looks labor intensive. Enjoy your wins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Your Pineapple Blocks are awesome...I've always wanted to make one
    of these, but I am terrible at piecing. All my quilts are appliqued.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so talented. You're also very lucky and you should buy a few lotto tickets.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Haha I think the quilt shop won too! Would you buy our next lottery tickets for us? ;) Those pineapple blocks are pretty. I've never attempted one and guess I should just for the experience.
    Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a Fractured Pineapple class with David Duwe. I've not made any since.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty blocks and fabric! Lucky Bingo win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your wins. Enjoy. Pretty pineapple blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Free fabric, more sales, everybody wins! Your Alex Anderson quilt is going to be amazing. I love the pineapple blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pineapple blocks, but they do look labor intensive! Great idea for paper-piecing those other blocks, too. Sounds fun to be winning at the quilt shop's bingo game - and they win, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it fun to win -- especially fabric? I agree that pineapple blocks are tedious. I haven't made one in years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased that Zoey has healed nicely and is back to a normal routine, it's always a worry when our pets have to recover from an operation. Wonder if you had any of that tasty baklava left over from your party to take back home and enjoy?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pineapples are GORGEOUS!! this is going to be an amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on getting back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh what a lucky girl! Congratulations. Loving that Alex Anderson Sampler. It's going to be so pretty! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful blocks, I love your pineapples, and the scrappy baskets. Yeah for the wins!
    Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete