Monday, October 25, 2021

MORE PUMPKINS AND THE SKINNY QUILT FINISHED

This past week we had a house full of company.  Our oldest daughter and her husband arrived on Sunday.  It was her birthday so we had lots of family in and out all week until they left on Thursday.  Over the weekend we sort of just collapsed and stayed home and I actually got back into the sewing room to finish up a couple more projects.  

I finally got my skinny quilt finished.  The beginning of this project started at the end of August in this post Skinny Quilt.  I used a variety of woven stripes, Oatshotts and a suede finished cotton.  I had them for ages in my stash so decided to give them a try and they blended really well together.
I decided to quilt it on the diagonal with a 12wt orange variegated thread.  I was really surprised at how fast it was finished.  Just about 2 hours in the afternoon and it was done.  Now just to put a hanging sleeve on the back.  I expect to be able this coming spring to put it in the Mistlan Gallery show and maybe sell it.
And yes, after making a pumpkin runner for my daughter I figured I needed one too.  They are just too much fun to pass up.
While our daughter was here she showed me a picture of her cat, Pip enjoying their new garden window.  She put her bed up in it as kitty quickly decided the new addition was hers.  It appears that Pip has decided  that the bed is not enough and the upper level is her sun bathing area as well as the lower napping level.








19 comments:

  1. Pretty skinny quilt, love those cottons with stripes. Looks like your sewing life is full. Funny kitty, reminds me of one night many years ago when I came downstairs to the kitchen for some water and our daughter's cat was sitting in the sink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skinny Quilt is beautiful, and those shot cottons just do it for me. I'm excited for you to put in the gallery.
    Pip is adorable! Our entire house is a bed for the kitties. ;) I relate to sort of collapsing after company.
    Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilts and love those pumpkins.

    Oh my, Pip on the garden window is most adorable. Purrfect.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that skinny quilt!!! The colors and the shapes, and all of it. And that kitty is just too cute. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your skinny quilt is lovely and a great use of fabrics. Love the kitty sleeping in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny to see the cat sunbathing on her very own garden window. She looks very happy and content. Nice that you have your own put pin runner too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donnalee, I love those fabrics in your Skinny Runner. I have a few of those too that I'm still hoarding :-) I looks like your daughter's cat has it's own condo! If you feel like it, please link up to Free Motion Mavericks. The link is open until Tuesday night. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to link up Dannalee! Cheers.

      Delete
  8. That skinny quilt is very pretty - the colors are just perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The skinny runner looks really pretty. All those colors blend beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the fabrics in the skinny quilt look together. Lovely for autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the finish! Kitty's know what they like that's for sure. Glad Pip's owner gets that. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that Pip! She's adorable in her new "home." Your skinny quilt is gorgeous and will sell fast if you end up putting it in the Gallery show. And I'm not surprised you had to make a Pumpkin runner for yourself--it's way too cute! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful skinny quilt and pumpkin runner! I Love them both ;)

    ReplyDelete