Got a bit done this past week. I finished my Fassett quilt top.
I really love it. This type of fabric is not my usual buy, but these Fassett prints certainly have grown on me. I used almost all of them up except for a bit of one or two of them with this project and my Trees quilt. I might have to buy some more. Once again my daughter has enlisted me into making Christmas pillowcases for the boys. Once she found out I can make them instead of her buying them she had me hooked.
The fabric is flannel, not my favorite. I never buy it. Plus there were no coordinate fabrics to make a standard pillow case pattern. I selected to make them in a pillow fold way. So one top side is hemmed and the other hemmed and folded over 4 inches. To make sure the seams did not tray, as flannel tends to do I over locked the seams. I had never done that on a standard sewing machine. I do not have a serger. It worked great and they are nice and neat with no fraying. For the chicken fans! My daughter started to decorate for fall this past week. Looks like two of the hens thought that they should give her a hand. Snowball seems to believes she is a perfect addition to the fall decor.