This week I have worked very diligently getting my Remix piece further along. I did have to take a full day to make more masks for my son in law's employees. I am really out of the mood for making them. This last set has me easily over 40 completed. So this last day or two I have been able to get busy with my other projects.
The blocks are all done and I have a good start on the appliqués. It still has 44 half square triangles that will be the border all the way around it. Plus there will be additional vines, blooms, and leaves in the strips on the upper left and lower right of the center appliqué.
There are still a few additional vines to add, a number of leaves, and it looks like a bloom is missing. Then lots of hand appliqué to do.
This past week I finished the quilting on this very old UFO. I do have a problem; I failed to set aside any fabric for the binding. I have turned my stash up side down looking for any one of the green or even the grey fabric with no results. Once the quilting store opens up I guess it will be a search, or I will have to face it instead of binding it.
The entire top is straight line quilted, but I got silly and did one serpentine stitch down the cross on the largest block. I just could not help myself.
Fred my daughter's oldest peacock is in full flerting mood this spring. He lost all his beautiful tail feathers in the fall, but has regrown them this spring.
Fred's competition is these three young males, and that lovely single female standing. She isn't interested in any one of them at all. My daughter says she is the boss, and spends the whole day lording it over them.