Monday, September 2, 2019

MY TILDA WORLD

I have had a bit of a love affair with Tilda fabric for some time.  Originally I purchased three lines a couple years ago.  And recently decided to join the Tilda Club with Julie at the Intrepid Thread.  My first monthly box arrived this past week.  
Such a fun bundle of a new line called Plum Garden.
Now this inspired me to cut out a new quilt with not only some of these new fabrics, but incorporate them into all the left overs I have from my previously purchased Tilda fabric.
So I have decided make Welcome the Spring Lake Quilt available as a free pattern on Tildas World's Blog.  I cut 128 4.5"squares from all my left over Cottage, Lemon Tree, and Sunkiss fabrics. 
The original pattern calls for a 48 by 64 quilt, but I am increasing it to 56 by 64, so had to cut 32 extra squares. 
Now I need four patches.  I am using a variety of dots and striped Tilda fabrics along with an off white Grunge by Moda.
So one block finished and I am liking it.  
A sample grouping of my blocks to get an idea of what I am going for.  
And now I am starting to work in one of my Tilda stripes.  I must admit I have had to purchase another couple dot colors that are more of a pastel with white dots from Julie.  I think their variety will add to the mix.  It is a scrappy quilt, but except for the white fabric I am sticking with all Tilda fabric lines. 

19 comments:

  1. Tilda fabric is gorgeous. My friend in the UK sends me little bits of her leftovers ( for what I make I only need 6x6 squares) and it is a lovely finish

    Love your colour combinations...

    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Tilda fabric. Your pieces are so pretty and cheery. I especially like the last block. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics and prints. I'm not sure I have ever heard of Tilda either! Enjoy all your stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty blocks from your pretty Tilda fabrics. The white grunge is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's some beautiful fabric! I'm going to go check it out right now. Thanks for linking up to What I Made Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donnalee! I love that about fabric lines - that they coordinate well with previously released lines. How nice is that?! Ooh, I just LOVE your blocks. This will be one good looking quilt top when you're finished. Thank you for linking up today! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's going to be a fun quilt! I like the lines of color that are forming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fun. I think they will make for a super happy quilt when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Tilda fabrics are just lovely— I can see why you’re so smitten with and inspired by them! Have fun using up every last scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blocks. I like the placement of the dot fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic, I love the colors and the layout of the blocks. It's going to be a great finish. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These blocks are looking very pretty! The Tilda ranges are very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my!!! I love it so much! what a great way to showcase all those prints!
    have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lush fabrics. Fun block. Great job putting them together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty PURPLE acquisitions for the stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is going to be a great quilt - love the colors, designs and how the blocks look together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,
    Beautiful color combinations. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete