I happened onto a tutorial on the Fat Quarter Shop last weekend and thought this is one of the projects that I really need to store project that are in process.
I selected this fabric for the back of the bag, sandwiched it with a lining and a medium weight Pellon stabilizer. Then proceeded to quilt it with diagonal straight lines.
This lime green lining matched the little green dots on the main fabric.
I sewed strips on three sides of my vinyl and the fourth side put a zipper between two strips. I used 2.5 inch strips. Do not pin, use clips.
Here it is ready to bind.
I decided to bind it in the green fabric. The bag measures 18 by 18 inches and the vinyl 13 by 13. Plenty of room for the larger blocks.
For those who remember that my daughter lives out in the country and keeps a flock of chickens, Ginny hens, ducks, and peacocks this is her new chicken addition. She is a rescue from a busy country highway one afternoon. We are all wondering what color her eggs will be. Unfortunately she has already discovered by daughter's flower beds, but doesn't she look lovely in that setting.