I had this top quilted a couple weeks ago that had sat around for some time in the closet. It had gone to one quilter that had to return it to me, as they were moving and selling her quilting business. I finally decided on another quilter to handle it.
It was a bit of a challenge, as I did not want the flowers quilted so it had to be quilted around each one. Not sure if the batting was a bit too puffy, it really is very thin cotton batting, or with all the appliqué it was not perfectly straight. Never the less we ran into this problem in just one area.
It had one pretty good wrinkle. My quilter was willing to fix it for me, but wanted me to see it first. I told him I could easily fix that and let me do that. So I unstitched the 3 inch area, and pinned it.
I basted the area down and matched thread and stitch length and sewed it with my regular sewing machine. Well that worked and with a quick press now I can't find it on the quilt anymore.
On to something fun. Making a baby quilt for a gal I worked with for a number of years. Her son and his wife are expecting a baby girl after the first of the year. I made a quilt for their first baby a couple years ago, for their baby boy. Sloths seems to be their theme choice. I must admit they are fun.