Tuesday, January 23, 2018

PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER

Last year from January through December 2017 I participated in a Block of the Month with the Fat Quarter Shop.  Each month we made 6 blocks in a particular pattern.  I chose to do mine all in red and white.  So I ended up with 72 blocks that were 5.5 inches unfinished.
This past week or so I decided to at least begin thinking about getting them together into a quilt top.  Earlier in that thought process I also decided to incorporate some printed red work blocks that had been hanging around in my stash for ages.

After much figuring I finally worked out how to get the 7.5 inch red work blocks into a row with the 5.5 blocks, complicated by the fact that the red work blocks will only be in every other row.  I also needed to get a lattice worked in between them as well.  Lots of graft paper drawing and crossing outs, but I finally got it figured out to my satisfaction.  
And here we are 4 rows done.  I have 10 rows in mind, but given the 48 inch width of the top I may end up only making 9 rows for the length.  Not sure if I will add borders yet.  I'm pretty pleased with it so far.  So, will just have to see where this goes to finish it off. 


5 comments:

  1. Love the red and white, and the red work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great choice of fabrics! You've really expanded "red" into a terrific collection. This will be a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh....6 blocks a month. I couldn't keep up with one block a month on the 2 BOM's that I took part in, so have chosen to not even try anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite the lovely devotion - 6 blocks a month! Looks fabulous in red and white!

    ReplyDelete