I have to say that this British Union Jack Flag quilt project is turning out to be a bit of a challenge. This is the first block of 15, done in non traditional colors. I am using black prints in place of the normally blue, and tans and beiges in place of white.
I will be doing one in blue, red, and white traditional colors with just 12 blocks too. Both have homes waiting for them.
Before I finished this first block I ended up un-sewing several strips a couple times and actually had to toss the first four diagonal corners and remake them. It pays to read the directions really well before beginning a project! I finally managed to finish this first block, and also have another done too. The second block went a bit better, only had to un-sewing a couple strips once. I think I finally have it down!