Sunday, October 13, 2024

AVOCADO CAT AND CHEMOTHERAPY QUILTS

 I have taken a couple days off this week from working on my bedspread project.  I had a couple things that I wanted to get finished up and also helping a friend with her charity project.

I finished Avocado Cat.  He still needs two black buttons on his eyes but other than that he is done. 


I did get the fronts of the pillow shams and decorative pillows done for the bedspread project.  Just 2 more rows and the spread will be done and I can get all off to the quilter.

 

I have been helping a friend with some cutting of 5" squares.  Liz hurt her arm and is unable to do much fabric cutting so I volunteered to help out. She received two huge bins of donated fabric.  She makes lap quilts for patients that are receiving cancer treatment at the hospital.  Hospitals are cold they need a quilt to snuggle in when they come for their daily or weekly chemotherapy sessions.  
Thus far I have a pretty good stack of them going for her.  But lots of fabric still waiting to get cut.  She says they are 36" by 60" when done and the blocks take 4 of each color.  So I stack them in fours of each color.  I believe she said she has 30 backs so just needs the 5" squares to start getting those 30 quilts together.

Linky Parties on the Side Bar

  





No comments:

Post a Comment