Sunday, March 17, 2024

NATIONAL QUILT DAY AND SOUTHERN CHARM FINISH

On Saturday I attended  my guild's National Quilt Day sewing event.  We celebrate by making pillowcases for a local children's hospital each year.  About 20 of us gathered and between what we accomplished on Saturday and what we will take home and finish we will donate 125 pillowcases to the hospital.  

My contribution was the one on the far left with the blue rabbits print and the green cuff, and the tan polkadot with the dark red cuff next to it.  I have two more I still have to finish at home.  
My Southern Charm came back from the quilter last week.  So pretty!
I really love this back on it too.  Also have a good deal left over from it to use making something else. 
Oh, the quilting Hollie used on it is just wonderful.  It is a pale green and the pattern is just perfect for it.  I never select either the thread or pattern when Hollie does my quilting for me.  She is an artist, and I just let her loose to do her magic.  

Linky Parties on the Side Bar


 




 

16 comments:

  1. Your Southern Charm quilt is beautiful. Hollie did a lovely job quilting. The pillow cases are so pretty and fun. The children at the hospital will love them. So much more pleasant than clinical white!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pillow cases. Our guild donates to a local children's hospital all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your guild celebrated National Quilt Day. Those pillowcases are a generous donation to the hospital. Your quilt is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and precious project from your guild, your pillowcases are pretty. Wonderful quilting, your Southern Charm is beautiful! Thank you for sharing these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great idea to make pillowcases for the children in hospital. Good see see some for boys as well, they so etimes get forgotten with all the pretty girly prints available

    ReplyDelete
  6. Southern Charm turned out beautifully! Those pillow cases are really fun. Lots of cool prints for both boys and girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun project for your guild. I love your Southern Charm quilt. So simple, yet lovely! Thank for sharing in my Sew & Tell Party. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure the fun pillowcases will be enjoyed by the children. Your Southern Charm has such a beautiful finish to it. It is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful thing to do. I am sure the children will love your rabbit quilt.
    I visited you via Comedy Plus: Welcome Spring
    My links: 35+36. I hope you will join us and share your links with us at Wed-Sat at #WordlessWednesday (words welcome) https:// esmesalon. com / tag / wordlesswednesday/ https://esmesalon.com/19-wordlesswednesday-words-welcome/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. You're so talented. Love all the colors.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. They have a sewing event here each year where they make lap quilts for the nursing home. I've missed the last 2 years and really have missed going.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quilting design, Hollie did a good job. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pillow case idea for your National Quilting Day event! The Southern Charm quilt is lovely, too. You'll have a finish there before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the quilting design. Great use for a large print. I never know what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Southern charm!! LOVE it - those colors are just perfect for a quilt with that name!
    and yay on the pillowcases

    ReplyDelete