I have spent this past week working on a project for my Warm Wrappings charity group. The two ladies in charge of the group asked if I would make a quilt kit up for them that they were not able to manage. Sure, sounded like fun.Now, that situation did surprise me a bit, as both these ladies are very experience and exceptionally good quilters. But, I did know both were going on a couple summer trips and I figured timing to get it done for possibly an upcoming organization doing a fundraising auction event was a reason to ask me to do it for them.
I have it done thus far. There are two more borders to go on it. I do know that there was a LOT of fussy cutting of the fabric for the panel pieces and also the six floral pieces between the square panels. One thing they knew about me was I am a very accurate piecer, and Oh Boy was that needed for this project. On top of it some fabrics had lots of extra and others were just barely enough.
I did take some creative license on the four blocks in the corners of the center piece. The border fabric that was used in the floral pieces between the 4 square panels had strips of large and small butterflies, moths, and dragonflies. Those 2" finished squares were supposed to be 4 patches of 1"each finished. Hmmmm, I don't think so! Why do all that piecing when one has these little guys that were a perfect size to fit into that space instead.