This week I have had a bit of time to work on just my Alex Anderson Neutral quilt project. I am glad to be done with the first round of appliquéd blossoms. Unfortunately the outside border has tons more to do, but at least I get a bit of a break this coming week from them.I have the top and bottom first border on as well and will get the sides on too before stashing it away for the next week or so. Now it is off to working on the Garden Party Down Under June BOM instructions. June has one pieced block and one appliquéd vase, vines, and leaves block. One look at this pieced block with all those points that had to be lined up and not cut off made be think I was not going to do it. Not only that, but there is not just one of these pieced blocks that has to be done, but four of them one this month and one each over the next three months. So I have decided to make a change. Instructions tell us to make it our own and that is what I plan to do.
I got the first one done, and given that my decision was made figured I might as well just get all four done and be a bit ahead. I am pleased with the results. I plan to finish the next two as well, then tackle the appliquéd block later this week.