I have been eking out a bit here and there trying to accomplish getting some Spinning Spool blocks and also Confetti blocks done. The spools have me less than thrilled with the project, but the Confetti blocks are fun to work with all the scrap fabrics I have all over the sewing room. It looks like a bomb went off in there.Spool wedges are under major construction. This particular product I am using is Quilters Select Print & Piece Fuse Lite.
I like the project because I was able to tape the wedge pattern on to a piece of paper then copy it on to the product. Made things go really fast, rather than tracing them.Then it was a simple task of folding over the edge with a bit of glue and the iron. However, I am not a huge fan of the project. It is rather stiff, and was hard to remove once sewn on to the spools. They say it softens with water, but all in all it seemed like a lot of fussing.Well I have 8 of the 20 done and this is the layout. I actually am pretty happy with the background. I did not want to buy any fabric for this project so finding 2 yards of a background was a bit of an issue, but this is pretty interesting.This is what the project should look like in the end. I think once the appliquéd flowers are on it using some of the fabrics in the spools it will be a fun finish. On a happier note I have managed these Confetti blocks. Row one is done and these have me headed to rows two and three of the eight I will need in the end.
This is a basket of cuteness. Along with our daughter's chickens, ducks, and peacocks she has 5 cats. These 3 found a nice cozy spot in the morning sun coming through the bedroom window.