This past week has not been terribly productive, at least not in the sewing studio. A remodel of our home office found me painting, ripping out carpet, and ordering new laminate flooring. The last coat of painting of baseboards has me at the end of this ordeal. This a a beautiful site. I am done, the floor installers will put these on and caulk them too. I survived!
I did finish up the cars quilt. It will go off with its prepared binding and then make its way to the local Pregnancy Center along with several others finished off in earlier weeks. I still have three more cut out, but I am a bit burned out and want to do something more artsy.This quilt had me wondering where I left my brain. I had all four rows completed and when I went to sew the top rows to the bottom two they did not fit. The red strips between the car blocks at the top finished at 4 inches wide, cut at 4 1/2 inches. So I cut the bottom row strips at 5 inches instead of 4/1/2. However before I was done I ended up un-sewing rows several times. Sometimes the simplest things cause the most problems.
I have all the guild's mystery blocks done and started putting it together. I think there is an error in the lay out right in the middle where two pink florals touch each other. It just doesn't look right. I have checked the pattern over and over several times and according to the directions I have laid it out correctly. I will get the last three rows on and see if in the end it makes since. Maybe its me, given my sewing week so far I will not be surprised if it is. Will I take it apart if in deed it is me. NO! It is a charity quilt, and hopefully the person getting it will be less of a critic than me.The wild turkeys have come to town. You can see boss man Tom Turkey with all his ladies taking over the park area A bit of an issue for everyone. They are not nice, leave a big mess behind themselves, and make lots of noise too.