This runner has been stashed away for ages, a couple years easy. With all the virus stay at home and social distancing just to keep busy I have hit the UFO's projects hot and heavy.
I must admit that quilting this piece was interesting. I had all the appliqué pieces cut and the fuse was applied to them, but no pattern to see the layout of them. Once I started to quilt it I just sort of went crazy. About half way through I thought I had made a serious mistake, but it was too late so just kept going.
So I just kept quilting and quilting.
Well two and a half YLI spools of thread, yes over 1,000 yards of thread and it is done. In the end once I had it finished it looks pretty good. I am still toying with quilting in the red areas of the nine patches. The binding is on and hand sewn, but I could still do a bit more in that area. Maybe, maybe not!
I did finish off the appliqué work on these four blocks this past week as well. It will go to my guild's Warm Wrapping charity group. Often times a piece like this is used to provide a charity with an auction or fundraising items. It measures about 40 by 40, not a huge piece. They will provide a back and quilt it and I provided the binding.
My little quilting buddy Ginger just found the whole process just too much to deal with. While I ran yards and yards of quilting thread through the sewing machine, she decided to drop in her tracks and take a nap.