My first project was a See-It-All Pouch. I had some really nice fat quarter prints that looked like they would be fun to cut into.
I ended up doing a little modification on the zipper area. But it was just a lot of fun to make.
It ended up going together in just one afternoon. I did make the decision to sew the binding down by hand instead of doing that on the machine I just can't get a nice binding on the machine.
My second project was the Book and Tool Folio. This pattern was a bit of a challenge. I found the direction in the book difficult to understand and ended up doing a bit of winging it.
In the end I did change the folio Pellon 72F interfacing for byAnnie's Soft and Stable. The Pellon is a very stiff interfacing while the Soft and Stable is more of a foam stabilizer. I do think that this book has some wonderful ideas, but it is not for a beginner. I was glad I had some past experience with zipper installation and general sewing experiences. With the four different storage areas the folio can handle all sorts of tools and even a couple magazines or quilt books.
For those fans of my daughter's pets. Her four baby peacocks and Ginny fowl have found the mornings a bit cold, so they have found the dryer vent a perfect place to warm up.