Monday, October 7, 2019

PROJECTS AND MORE PROJECTS

I am finding myself with UFO projects all over the place.  But, it does seem that I am making some headway.  It is slow though!
I posted my original blog for this project here.
I have half my Tilda quilt rows now sewn together.  Putting the rows together has not been much fun.  Way to many seams that must join together properly, which has involved re-pressing seams differently than I did the first time.  
 Drummer Boy is coming along nicely.  The project has taken a lot of work to get this for.
I now have 70 blocks of the 100 I will need to start putting the top together.  
 House number two for my hand appliqué project is almost ready, just needs the window.
And the first row of my wall hanging is done and just waiting for rows two and three.  
I did take out a bit of time to purchase this rotating cutting board.  I have both a 12 inch and a 17 inch square rotating cutting boards.  I have pretty much worn a groove into the 17 inch one and the lines and numbers on the 12 inch are nearly worn off.  I find the rotating cutting boards really handy especially for the hand appliqué projects and the Drummer Boy blocks. 
And for all the fans of my daughters' chicken pets.  It seems that there has been a great deal of new members added to the family.  These two chicks were the first of mother hen hatching the rest of the eggs she is sitting on.  She is now the proud mother of 10 baby chicks.  


22 comments:

  1. Lots of stitching time in your fabric life--the blocks look wonderful. My nephew keeps chickens but so far has not let a hen hatch any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donnalee! HAHA - I am still chuckling over the UFOs all over the place. I know not what you speak of. And that's a total lie! LOVE the Tilda rows - those are such pretty fabrics and colors. Also love the ROUND turning mat. Mine is square but think the round would be handy as well. Finally, love the chicken and a few of her chicks. Thanks for linking up! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that same problem with UFOs all over the place! Oh well. The Tilda quilt is beautiful - I love the sweet color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Define ufo. Lol. Cute chickies. All your projects are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you have finished all your UFOs, I'll give you my address! Great progress on everything, it does make me want to sort out some things and get them finished off. Amazing how those UFOs accumulate.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cool and I love the chicken with her chicks. Cute.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects in the works at your place, including the little chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 10 chicks! Oh my goodness, I would melt into a puddle of gush at the sweetness. :) Great UFO work - love those Drummer Boy blocks and the house row is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my 12 inch square rotating board, but most of all your mum and her babies. That takes me back to childhood, and my bantam hens that were such wonderful hen mums.All your photos tell of loveliness with the fabrics and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much quilty goodness going on in this post! I’ve never used a rotating cutting mat before. Looks awesome. The hen and her chicks is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Tilda quilt and can't wait to see the Drummer Boy blocks together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. RSC has spawned more UFOs for me than I've had in a while, but as long as I am sewing something, I am happy. Your projects all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your UFO is coming along nicely. I too hate joining long rows... I started sewing things into sections so I have less long seams to sew. Love the chicken photo with her babies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects, and cute chickies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much eye candy in this post. LOVE all your pretty projects. The Tilda quilt is joyous, as is Drummer Boy. Love all those gorgeous fabrics. Cute little applique houses, too. I smiled at the thought of all your UFO's. Surely, you would not have it any other way....would you?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a very cool cutting board.. I have never seen one like it!
    Enjoy your applique!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been busy. How are you not pulling out your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seems my piecing always results in re-pressing! I’ve even had to remake a block occasionally when a directional fabric just stuck out like sore thumb, because I didn’t know where in the quilt it was going to end up! Love your Tilda quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for forward progress! and what great fabrics for your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all your projects! Seeing your Dresdens reminded me I've got to get back to mine. Love your appliqued houses too! So much to love and be inspired by here!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my goodness!!
    such great inspiration here!!

    ReplyDelete